Friday, October 28, 2016

My Letter of Resignation

From: xxxxxxxx@state.nm.us>
To: NMDWS-xxxxxxx@state.nm.us>
Cc: Martinez, S, GOV, GOV <S.Martinez@state.nm.us>
Sent: Thu, Sep 29, 2016 5:18 pm
Subject: Good bye

Ma I made Parole
After 28 ¼ years of service in the same building, it is with regret and excitement that I am retiring.  I have met many wonderful people since starting on June 27, 1988, and I will Miss driving down Lomas and watching the TIWA building appear like an Aztec Temple surrounded by parking lots

I will miss the people, the kids who visited and whom I saw grow up from a baby to a college student or a mom in some cases.  I will miss the comradery, the esprit de corps that used to unite us, the stories I overheard about your weekends that made me blush and decide to wear headphones when I was in FMB, the jovial laughter, the celebrations for birthdays, weddings, births, and in a few cases those that left this world far too early.

All my life when I heard bad news, I was told that when one door closes, another opens, and in my case, many doors are opening.  I am leaving sooner than I planned but I will be able to assist my parents so I can pay back the life and gifts I received from them.  If you think your kid is or was hard to raise, imagine what my parents had to go through with me.

Don’t be afraid to set sail for uncharted waters, God Bless you all, I hope you enjoyed the Danny V experience and understand I did my job to the best of my skills, it isn’t fun to say no, if you have hard feelings towards me, please understand that to quote my mentor Zaphod Beeblebrox “you don’t have Richard Nixon to kick around anymore”

Peace to you all, Chale on, it’s always darkest before the dawn, and Metallica forever
It was a blast

So long and thanks for all the fish

Thank you all for the experience of knowing you


 

No comments: