Friday, May 19, 2017

My Dad is Dying


My Awesome dad is dying.  This picture was taken May 11, 2017, it was his last good day.  He has slipped the last 2 months.  We were celebrating my birthday and he became disoriented, lost motor control and he spent 3 weeks in a rehab. 
He has been stubborn about nourishment and it caught up to him.  He is suffering from Parkinson's and dementia.  He made his end of life wishes clear.  He received his final sacraments Tuesday, home hospice is involved.  I await his joining the universe.
He saw to it I finished college, he sacrificed to keep his family doing well, long after we were 18, he loved his wife, depended on her and took her on trips around the world.  He dedicated his life to helping others through the Knights of Columbus.  I will forever be in his debt     

No comments: