Wednesday, September 08, 2004

1001 dead

September 8, 2004
The big news is that the death toll hit over 1000 yesterday. It's a bizarre number to look at. The song “4 dead in Ohio” needs to be rewritten. Far more people die from smoking, alcoholism, drug abuse, and drunk driving. But the number gives pause to how they died. I can't escape the feeling in the pit of my stomach that there is no reason for that number to be that high in the same sense that the number of deaths from drunk driving is inexcusable. There is no reason for it.
I never like it when someone tries to scare me into submission. At work it isn't blatant but if a policy comes along I question or outright question the effectiveness of the action or its practicality on moral. "If you don't like it, work somewhere else" and in my case it isn't said to demean but to subjugate because there is no real boss, not really, its all part of a budget. The budget dominates.
I can't help think that is the driving force behind the initial action. Drop a few bombs from storage, activate a few hundred thousand reserves, and move a few troops and it will be over quickly before it costs too much. It would give the impetus to increase the budget: more bombs, trains, weapons, contracts, kickbacks, votes, foreign sales, etc. Everyone wins
So now we are there, cries of “more money for the boys” and it is anti-American to question the funding. The head Coconut is looking for more nuts to fuel the killing fields of Iraq. The real criminals are those that would take the rear entry from the administration because they are too scared to admit culpability in what is happening. Why do I hear voices that tell me that Republicans believe Jesus is an American?I wanted to write this to motivate myself to write and lose weight. I have many miles to work out, many pounds to lose, many motivational affirmations to get my ass in gear to be what I should be. What ever that is. 1001 dead sounds like a cleaning product

No comments: