Friday, February 25, 2011

The night I met the Judge's daughter

February 24, 2011

Today is the DA’s birthday, and while get got her present on Valentine’s Day (her valentine’s present was given on 02/01/2011) tonight it is takeout from Applebee’s. I am sad to report that I have been gaining weight lately and it is because I am having home cooked meals, still having trouble with stress related binging on candy bars which are expensive considering that the vending machine doles them out at a buck a piece. The commission for the blind runs the vendor license, and I suppose that is a good thing, but since Blind people get an extra tax break where do they get off selling a Baby Ruth for a buck?. Cut back on the sugar, cut back on the smokes, cut back on the portions, don’t buy premade meals, etc.

I’d starting this in the morning and adding to it when a memory become clear, there is only one radio station that comes through and it is the oldies station, I was never a fan of Do woop or silly 60’s songs but I am starting to gather a intense hatred. In boarding school a close pal used to sing love potion #9 in the shower, it sounded great in the shower, that song plays 3-4 time in a 10 hour period, and I wonder where is 34’th and vine and is it significant to the song?

I first met the DA on a spring night in 1978, after transferring back to the local school system, and as I have mentioned there was talk I had been at a reform school, and since I didn’t want the hassle I let it go. R____ came up to me and said hello, and I didn’t remember him but he said I got in a pen fight with him in Jr. high and he had a blue line on his forearm which was advantageous because it was picture day, so his school picture shows the blue line on his arm, a few years after we reconnected later his mom chided me for ruining his school picture, she was sort of joking (like most people who met me back then she was convinced I was always stoned).

I kept hearing about the Judge’s daughter, she became an almost mythical character, “guess what the Judge’s daughter said last night, she said she might like me”, she was always know as the PT (prick tease although I don’t think that phrase has gone out of favor), and R_____ had a few friends at school who spoke about her in derogatory yet still reverent terms. Who is this Judge’s daughter, what powers over HS boys does she have, now as I said I was a loner and I really didn’t cultivate any particular look except “stay away” (except for M_____ which is another story). There were lots of pretty girls and I had zero self confidence, but people thought I was smart and I had just come from a place where I lived on campus and there were 70 in my class to a city School where there was about 800 in the class. Not that I was a Romeo, I was in the dorms and dates were out of the question, and there was a couple of gal I liked that were in my time zone , but I was a Head banger back then with a heavy Pink Floyd influence, and I thought dancing was against the code, and if there was anything I would change it would be my attitude towards dancing, I couldn’t dance and as the DA told me years ago, most guys can’t dance, but girls put up with it and suppress their laughter because girls like to move and dance when they are kids and learn their seductive moves early, and guys usually don’t start dancing until they have to and use the same move no matter what the tempo is. If I was a dancer then … well my life would have moved in different direction even if it was lat as college.

One fateful night that spring, R____ and J____ showed op on a Friday night and asked if I wanted to go cruising to Eastdale and South U and the Judge’s Daughter and her friend B____ might be there, we got to Eastdale and went to the Mickey’s across the street, suddenly she was spotted, we went to the car and drove around in a circle and we pulled next to her facing in the opposite direction, we chatted and I looked at her and she was cute, a chatter box, and she looked at me batted her eyes, and asked if I was Valdez (back in the day we fellas called each other by our last name, wonder if that still happens), she then asked if I was a mexican and I started to asked her WTF and she said “You better behave or I’ll tell my dad”,”go ahead “ I say, well then she said something I would never forget, she invited me to go along and the guys said “No don’t do it”, (I still don’t know why, but I can guess), the Judge’s daughter said “come along you might get lucky”, I start to climb out of the car and she rolls up her window and takes off in her jeep with the wooden front bumper. “dude, what I tell ya, she is a real PT” says R_________-
We met a few times and ended up working next to each other, but that is for another day

No comments: