Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Homeless day 141 and a funny Memory

In 1993, Gail and I went to the Lobo Game.  I think it was the Air Force game.  I got the tickets from someone at work.  We were on the top row.  We had only been dating about 4 months, so everything was still fun.
Gail had a period of her life where she "dated" a lot, and I can't judge cause,  if I was good looking and could get women to buy me things and they would have let me enjoy their company,  I would have at every opportunity. 
Gail had her fair share of opportunities,  I wish she had taken better care of her appointment books.  Would have made for good stories,  I don't remember all the names.
The football team had just finished a terrible season. A promising coach Dennis Franchione,  from a small division 2 school in Texas was hired.  He was going to be displayed at halftime.  He was standing at the top row, flanked by UNM athletic dignitaries.   People taking pictures.   Gail saw him, and didn't remember his picture was in the paper.
She got excited and told me " I know him, I think I slept with him" people turned around and stared. 
" He's the new football coach, and I don't think you've had time to add him to your list"
She laughed and blushed.

The Lobos just named their new Coach, and I was offered tickets to tonight's game. cause it's one of those games people give away their tickets to.

I miss that Gail. I saw her a few days ago, she cut off all her hair and took a shower.   She looked good for a 80 year old man.

I've accepted what she is, I need to accept who I will be

No comments: