Monday, January 11, 2010

1000 words on my musings

January 11, 2010

Warning, this is pointless, rambling, and may seem harsh

Seeing as I am only 10,000 words behind on my pledge to write 365,000 words on thoughts, musings, and happenings this yea I had better get going, with the furlough coming up I hope to tell the saga of the Dallas trip with my dad this weekend and I am looking at taking an extra day but with the confusion over the changes with a few people leaving for greener pastures, the exempts getting laid-off, and the plethora of computers coming in to get tagged for inventory control, it would be possible to get the day off but not very practical. I could justify it, from a standpoint of dedication myself to working on the yard, after almost coughing up a lung when the area homeless guy who will tell his tale of woe on how he is willing to work with his hands to provide except he wants to charge something of the order of $20.00 -$30.00 an hour for very simple work, nothing fancy and he seemed insulted by my assessment he was charging way too much money, I just wanted him to clear the dead grass from in between the bricks on the side of the driveway, I didn’t want him to pull the bricks or get the grass by the roots, just take a hoe and scrap away the dead grass, and he goes $80.00, which literally made me question his honesty, I was going to have him clean the entire backyard and may have gone 300.00 maybe 350.00 for a couple days work, if he is telling the truth about his dire straights, he can get his woman out there and pulling and yanking, but no he cops an attitude and I believe he is focusing on elderly couples who can’t physically doing the work and he charges a premium in an area while not affluent is filled with families who do ok and are too busy to do the work, or too old. A neighbor is supposed to be a cop, but doesn’t have a patrol car, did a background check and checked out where he lived, and he does seem to be supporting a large cast but he claims he works enough o earn the rent and food for a day but the math doesn’t add up, his story doesn’t seem right and it may be true but sounds fishy as to why he doesn’t use public assistance, but his story could seem that way just through sheer repetition, but I can’t use him and he blew his chance with, me, may seem harsh but I didn’t like the way he was banging on the windows on Christmas eve ½ hour after sunset where I first heard his song and dance and he asked me for 10 bucks, and I understand him saying he was 10 bucks short of paying the rent, but I’ve heard that story before, its always 10 bucks because most people know asking for 20 bucks sounds like a drug addict, so it goes on and on and on.

Listening to the Jazz channel waiting for the news, trying to stay off the internet which is like a drug for me because My mind goes a million miles an hour and I spend much time on pop references, mindless trivia, or a simple answer to a complex scientific question, like rising ocean temperatures causing small islands to disappear, and I going what what what????, but the more I think about it, hmmm makes a little sense, except the ocean currents must offset it or something like that, a few minutes it sounded like someone turned on the water outside so I went out there with a flashlight and I didn’t hear anything, but I wondered where that sound came from, at first I thought a water line broke but I haven’t heard anything since, I have hearing problems I sometimes hear wind rushing by and it is just the fluid in my ears settling.

I feel like I am juggling many things, and I need to make a list and do a priority ranking, not just at home, but at work, they guy helping is very helpful and I need to get him some actual hard core training before he leaves, although there are no jobs out there and he is on federal training, but I worry about the future, I see the number that are released and I hear murmurs that they are much worse and the economic recovery will be slow and the credit crunch and low wages will keep economic growth down for up to 10 years, I remember the movie “they shoot horses don’t they” and I envision couples in their 60’s fighting couples in their 40’s for jobs at wal-mart doing jobs that teenagers or the 20’s doing and the younger people staying in school for as long as possible working at apprentice jobs for 60 cents on the dollar, and others joining the military and staying as long as possible, I’m missing some really horrible complex economic models, and cynicism and a sleeping kitty purring away may be affecting (effecting?) my tone or tense of note. I still haven’t unpacked and I put all the boxes in the on room that has no light or 100% working outlets, I also need lamps but I’m afraid to plug anything in without a surge protector and those cost 10-15 bucks, I don’t know if I want to trust $7.00 protector the good people at UL not withstanding, the darkness bummed me out big time, and the sun depresses me in the morning, almost like I pulled an all-nighter and the sun is mocking me as I try to keep my eyes open and stumble towards the car dressed up like that Christmas song cursing the light streaming over the mountains as my skin feels like a roaster begging for attention at the market

No comments: