Wednesday, January 27, 2010

wednesday distractions

January 27, 2010

Today I noticed that the days are noticeably longer, driving home I didn’t need to turn on the lights, my car has driving lights, and I didn’t feel the need to use them (1), the radio stations have gotten awful lately (2), I usually listen to sports talk radio, but the good talent has left and one is an old TV guy who is ok, but not funny and the other are three guys who think very highly of themselves and do not take to criticism, so I changed to a rock station and there is usually band of the day or five at five, and sometimes there is a theme, so the first song is Aerosmith’s “Train kept a rolling”, then Blackfoot’s “Train” then Metallica’s “one” so I’m cruising and trying to think what the connection because if the prize is good the answer is something like the lead singers banged a groupie, the groupie’s mom and the groupie’s kid at some point in time (3), I was almost home and the DJ sounded like a stoned middle aged man and when he gave the call letters I discovered and forgotten I had changed the station during lunch, there is a point here but I guess the main point is that it is hard too write while watching a Lobo-BYU game that is back and forth
Curious thing about LDS is that it seems like the most bizarre but the most peaceful of the religions, raised a Catholic there is a lot of heavy duty guilt, but heavy redemption, but LDS seem peaceful but the story is the most bizarre, and it seems like most LDS know its bizarre but seems content within themselves which is half the battle, they get a lot of grief but since Tom Cruise became famous it has taken a lot of heat of all the others, they don’t seem preachy unless they are trying to convert, and honestly it is the converts that create the most distraction, I went to school with a couple of gals who were LDS both cute but one had a great Ass, dynamite smile, cute figure, and got stoned in HS, I got nowhere, but really didn’t try but I almost had to give her sister a shower cause she was so drunk and her dad the former cop was looking for her, since I knew her dad I didn’t do it (4)
Irregardless I really like it when BYU loses, I mean I really really like it, and when they win, I ask Jesus if he really visited the native Americans and why none of them ever talk about it (5) Hurrah for our side



(1) I actually forgot and didn’t think about it as I hit the freeway, I noticed the older cars that don’t have the driving lights, and being the good citizen that I am I promptly turned them on as soon as I noticed, but a sheriffs car passed me that only had the driving lights on as there were no tail lights, I briefly wondered why cars don’t have the tail lights on all the time as I am more likely to get rear ended than run over somebody who didn’t see me coming
(2) In a rare twist of fate for others, but business as usual for me, all of my cd/dvd players are not working including my car, which ate a CD of great guitar songs complication one of which was noteworthy but I don’t remember the name except it was in a car commercial and the only lyrics are “woohoo”
(3) One time the prize was each daily winner for the week would get a trip to Vegas for Ozzfest, and predictably the first four were tied to Ozzfest, the last one no one got for an hour, the answer was on the five songs played the bass players were all left handed which I guess is unusual, but the phone lines melted down and the radio station had to call police because of the threats, or at least that is what the station claimed, I think it was a stunt, but I didn’t see the point of it
(4) I’ll tell the whole story at another time
(5) Final Score Lobos 76 BYU 72
719

No comments: