Wednesday, May 11, 2011

letter to the DA

A letter to the DA
The DA may be near the end of the run, she has a court date for panhandling where she was told not to and picked up two more citations for going to the same place, what is unusual, is that none of the tickets were given by a cop, but were mailed. This tells me they are serious on getting her and she has to get a public defender. Her luck will probably get her off completely with probation involving drug testing, or she will get the 18 mos in the pokey


May 11, 2011
Dear DA
It appears that every week I get more concerned over your safety and freedom. Thursday May 5th I bought 92.00 worth of food. 10 Pizzas, 8 yogurts 3 hungry man TV dinners, 2 cases of cokes, crackers, candy, two loaves of bread, some lunchmeat and I can’t remember what else. Monday you said that you were almost out of Pizza and smokes, and while I understand the smokes, I do not understand the lack of food. Last night you called and said you have NO FOOD.
I simply cannot believe that you ate all that food and soda, I don’t know if you trade it directly for crack, or if you take it to a store and get credit you later sell for said crack. I cannot force you to eat and since it was your food stamp card, I suppose I should have no complaint, but I have to cover you for the next 3 ½ weeks, and I cannot afford to provide food and smokes while you piss your life away.
Every time I think you hit a new low you manage to surprise even me. Your call today first asking for 5 bucks and then getting mad at me because I didn’t leave 5 bucks this morning is unacceptable. Your demeaning behavior hurts me a great deal, and it is sucking the life out of me, I have been eating lots of fat and sugar and I am back to 245. I am not blaming you; It is my problem that I choose destructive behavior in response to your behavior.
You expressed surprise when you got another ticket and you are some illusion if you think you will not suffer some punishment, you have been on probation many times and if the judge looks at your record, they may tack on a UA. You have gotten two more criminal trespass tickets and I am really afraid the judge will make an example out of you, you can’t do a year in Jail, and your family might take matters into their own hands. You dad isn’t well enough to go to his Grandson’s graduation should mean something to you (unless he is coming but not telling you so he can relax and not have to deal with you, which should also mean something to you)
I still care for you deeply, and I feel your sense of hopelessness, I see the sadness in your eye when I drop off food or smoke, and you beg for money starting at $5 and going up to $20. I sense the desperation when you demand I drive the 4 miles to drop off $2 for a bus trip we both know is BS. You get really mad like 5 bucks isn’t much but it adds up, last month when you gave me 100 when it was 300 you really put me in a hole. I should have my new glasses now, and my debt to health care paid off. I’m entitled to have a little fun now and then, but I can’t, I can’t really afford it and I’m not in the mood. Fighting with you over money is really stressing me out, it must stress you out, but I promised to help with food and smokes. I’m not responsible for getting you started on Crack, and currently you don’t want to get better, you just want your next fix and you sell the drugs that are supposed to help you for more Crack. I dread tomorrow giving you a ride to court so you can fix the first item, I know you will want money, and I know you will insist I have a fortune and that 20 bucks isn’t that big a deal. IT IS
In the Laundromat Sunday you started crying and holding my hand, I wished I could make the world better, but I can’t take care of myself, and you are spinning out of control. I don’t want you in Jail, but I can’t let you ruin what little dignity I have left. I still care

Love
The fatman

No comments: