Monday, March 14, 2011

Malogato goes to the doctor




Malogato goes to the doctor

Thursday afternoon my seemingly eternal boring life came to left turn as I received a call from a hysterical DA crying that the kitty has a bare batch under his chin and it is bleeding and it is AN EMERGENCY, this, the day after the DA had me take time off from work to take her to the dentist only to have her break down like a 7 yr old until I gave her a few dollars. I take time off from work and venture into the lair of the dragon, and the crying DA points to the cat and Malogato comes up to me and rolls on his back and I scratch him and he doesn’t seem the worse for ware but I see the bare patch.

Kitty reluctantly got in his carrier ( he really hates it, he often gets me back by ignoring me at first and then smacking me in the head when I am taking a nap) and he cried all the to the vet. We got there and since Kitty wasn’t in distress and we had no appointment, we waited about 20 minutes and I opened the door and scratched his ears and head and he calmly sat inside and watched a very hyperactive puppy jump around, and I swear he rolled his eyes.

We were called in and I let him out and he explored the room and the tech weighed him (14lbs 9 oz, but no tummy, he is a most impressive cat and not pretentious like those pure bred cats you see at shows Malogato says they should be called “inbreed” instead of “purebred”) the Vet-tech remarked n what a big head he has, which apparently among cat lovers is a remarkable thing because it is “lion” like. Imagine my Malogato a lion? More likely a panther, a fearless panther, She shared she once had a kitty that had a large head and he too was fearless and no she has a kitty that hides under the bench at the vet, meanwhile Malogato is banging on the cabinet doors trying to open them. (pets have short lives, our gift from God to appreciate the lives and gifts we have, I’m not particularly religious, I believe in God, just don’t feel the need to dedicate and sacrifice everything and core in gratitude and shame of worship)

Malogato had his temp taken, and he glared at me when it was taken but he kept pretty still and I asked while I was there if he could get his shots since they are due in May. The doctor came in and she is really sweet and nice and has the small town girl look to her. She took him back and the initial estimate was $ 460.00 and I didn’t have it but he got his rabies, and leukemia plus a antibiotic. The distemper and blood work will have to wait till this summer. Malogato got a bit of a shave and something rubbed on his owwe. The total came to 168.00 and hopefully his insurance will cover ½. The vet as usuall gushed over the Malogato and mentioned his face and could not determine the source of the patch and thinks he may have picked himself and kept scratching at it.

Malogato and I had a few hours to ourselves, he got his shots and got to enjoy a few moments visiting.

Enjoy the video

No comments: