Thursday, August 01, 2019

Big Toe Eviscerated

, I Had an ingrown Toenail,  and I waited a couple days before I made an appointment.  He looked at the toe and I got a referral for a podiatrist.  Also got a referral for a liver scan and stress test, more details about this at a later date.  I
had a hard time falling asleep,  only slept about 5 hours, and I was still drowsy after the shower.  I managed to grab a 30 minute nap, and headed to the Journal Clinic.
Not a lot of traffic at 7:30 which surprised me, I guess it picks up later: it will be 3 years since retirement next month.
I was early and they got to me right away.  The medical assistant name is I------ and we chatted a bit, his goal is to become a Physican's Assistant .  I wished him well.  The Doctor is a tall, thin  elderly man.  I found it oddly comforting,  as opposed to a younger man, in that I assumed him to be vastly experienced.
We had a brief chat, he took a look, and numbed the foot with 2 shots which hurt like hell.  I couldn't really tell what he was doing, but I watched him cut into my toe, oddly like watching a you tube video.
Took 5 minutes.  Wrapped my toe and gave me a bandage sock, if that makes any sense.  Tomorrow I soak my foot 2x in Epson salts for 10 days.  Told me to use a nail clipper, and to wash my feet.  Diabetes and all.  Took a hour nap listening to 1984.  Crooked the Cat was smelling my foot and napped with me.
I feel as though a giant weight has been lifted from my shoulders.   2 more doctors to go.
PS my brain damaged sister took a call from someone with an accent from the subcontinent and they got her name, address, last 4 of her social,  before I walked by and I told her to hang up.  I'm sure by now there are several credit cards in her name.
She also lost her keys and went ballistic when I asked her if she retraced her steps, but had not called the bus company to report lost keys, and didn't grasp the concept.  May have to get locks changed.
She was a total asshole before her accident,  and is 10x the asshole since, except she has Jesus on her side

No comments: