Monday, April 09, 2007

Work, blood test, Imus, and 24

Monday April 9, 2007

Its break time and I need to start spending time away from my desk, it is cold and rainy outside which is a perfect opportunity to avoid a short walk outside
My blood sugar was 158 this morning which is high (I guess) and I had a wonderful breakfast of 12 strawberries and an orange and sugar free flavored water. I am having a banana and a cherry zero right now It is hard to write on break cause it takes so long for the laptop to start up and there is a general cracking down on rules, which were never really followed before, like I never took my breaks before but would surf the news sites for headlines to read during lunch, cause I only have dial-up at home and cannot get the Wi-Fi to work. Break over
Lunch

Got a little advice from a diabetic which is helpful because I’m not totally freaked out but I am a little worried about how I let myself go physically, mentally and spiritually. I got completely creamed Friday because G was supposed to get a PD and she left a note on her door saying that there was an emergency and she was sorry. I made a bad decision to distance myself from her spiritually and got really (well you know). I didn’t eat Saturday because I was still recovering and I did manage to go out shopping and get my supplies but didn’t follow up on my laundry which I did not do until Sunday.

Sunday was Easter and I went to my parents as usual, my sisters were there with their boyfriends but niece one was working (she is a waitperson) and niece two spent the weekend at her boyfriend who lives in a small town 30 miles away and she couldn’t get a ride, but I suspect she partied the night before. But I did get the news she will graduate, which despite the collective intelligence of the family is a rarity as GED is a phrase well known.
The previous Friday or three days ago I stopped by my parents to show them my new blood test machine and to talk with my dad on how it works. It just so happened my dad was not in a good mood and after we chatted sister two called and my dad went on a rage that all he wants for Easter (I think he meant his B-day which is next month) is for the family to all go to church together. This is strange because sister one is a evangelical Christian, and sister two disavows all organized religion. Nieces are neither catholic nor religious (in face niece two is angry about something I cannot specify) and I consider myself catholic but don’t practice.
Much of the rage concerned his shame that people he knows all sit together with their children and grandchildren. My only comment was that at least we all don’t meet at the Jail for holidays to visit someone who broke the law. He didn’t comment but I should not have said that and let it go.
It is amazing that I have let my desire of nothingness to interfere with the people; who are close to me. I avoid human contact and people get tired of asking for a visit when I make lame excuses and they know that I am probably drinking or wallowing in self misery.

Pop culture item: Imus apologized this morning for insensitive remarks he made Wednesday, I think he is sincere, and very sorry but he is so out of touch with mainstream America that he didn’t realize that the derogatory comments he made were really hurtful to the Rutgers BB team. He forgot that a few years earlier he sent a kid home from his ranch for referring to a woman using the same term he used. The media is calling for him to be fired (he picks on everyone and they have been waiting for a mistake) and he is going on Al Sharpton to take the heat face on. He has much to lose, and I hope he learns and moves on.
Noon, time to check the news upstairs


Work is done
Watching 24, looks like the story finally returned to its roots
Imus is suspended, my E-mail was read over the air, I think he will learn the lesson of being humble, I hope he makes it through and they are not just using him for the radiothon.

24 just got really cool
bye

No comments: