Thursday, November 18, 2004

letter from 11 15 to 11 17

November 15, 2004
hey you

The fact that certain planets are uninhabited may very well derive from the fact that their nuclear scientist are more advanced than ours -Salon Gahlin (swedish author)

It has been a very busy day and I will try to get out a page to you. I will be writing probably my last letter next Monday. If you get out the 28th then it would not make much sense to keep writing beyond that because of the mail service. Tomorrow is John’s anniversary and I am sad but not as mystified as I once was, I just realized I will not finish a letter to you and I am going to send a postcard, OK. I am going to go buy a big burger and vegi out have a good night, I would have told you earlier what day tomorrow is but I didn’t want you to worry. Goodnight, if the mood strikes me I may write at home

November 16, 2004
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
-Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.- William Faulkner

Well the mood didn’t strike me, and I had a hard time sleeping so I set the TV as an alarm clock except it went off way too early. I am tired right now and sleepy but I think the cold I had last week has claimed a few people and they are not here today, I may go get a sub from subway for lunch and work until about 6:15 or so and then go to a movie at the downtown theater. I still have a chance to see “the motorcycle diaries” and I should see it on the big screen

1:15pm
I had lunch with the captain and we talked shop BTW I am dressed completely in black in my nice clothes. A few people asked me why and I told them and I guess word got around because no one else has asked. I had a meatball sub a subway and I will save half for later and then go to the movie, I may work until about 6:00 or so

November 17, 2004
There are no more hours in a bad day than in a good one! - Unknown

I knocked over my computer when the cord got caught in my foot and the motherboard broke, I had no computer until 9:00 am this morning. I stayed until 6:00 and about 5:15 I caught Blondie McPherson looking around in my area she asked me “How long are you going to be here” and I told her “Until I leave……I’m going to the 7:00 movie, and I am catching up on paperwork” then she asked me if I can provide her with old recons. I’m guessing she would have rummaged around and when she didn’t find what she would have complained that our area is a mess. It’s a mess because the auditors are almost done and they have brought back much of the binders and they have not been refiled yet.

4:15 PM
It is almost done, the day is neigh near end, I may stay until 6:00 and work on old items there are many old items and I need to make headway on them. There is a pissing contest afoot and if I get caught in the middle. I’ll just be covered with piss but I will survive
6:00
Still here I must finish this and get it to you because you need mail (or something like that) and envelopes. You have probably gotten the post card about John’s anniversary and I hope you are not worried. Everything is fine, I found a place where a bottle of whisky is only $4.99. It isn’t very good. It is called “Snips and snails and puppy dog tails” Whiskey. It tastes like its name, when you open he bottle the smell is like a wet doge in a garden
Time to go found a song from when we were young. It is on the back
You are almost out of there, be good

Cool song: see if you name the band

Goin' to the city, got you on my mind,
Country sure is pretty, I'll leave it all behind,
This is my decision, I'm comin' home to stay this time, 'cause I'm a -

Fool for the city, I'm a fool for the city,
Fool for the city, I'm a fool for the city.

Breathin' all the clean air, sittin' in the sun,
When I get my train fare, I'll get up and run,
I'm ready for the city, air pollution here I come! 'Cause I'm a-

Fool for the city, I'm a fool for the city
Fool for the city, I'm a fool for the city

I'm like a fish out of water, I'm just a man in a hole,
The city lights turn my blues into gold.
I ain't no country boy, I'm just a homesick man,
I've gotta hit the grit just as fast as I can.

I'm tired of layin' back and hangin' around,
I'm gonna catch that train, Whoo! And I'll be city bound, Yeah!

{Rod Solo - verse, chorus}

I ain't no country boy, I'm just a homesick man,
I gotta hit the grit just as fast as I can.

I'll get off on Main street, step into the crowd,
Sidewalk under my feet, yeah, traffic's good and loud, whoa,
When I see my Inner City child, I'll be walkin' on a cloud. 'Cause I'm a-

Fool for the city, I'm a fool for the city,
Fool for the city, I'm a fool for the city.
I'm a fool, (fool for the city),
A fool for the city, (fool for the city).
I'm a fool, (fool for the city),
Fool for the city, yeah, (fool for the city).
Whoo!

No comments: