Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Letter 10 to a friend

October 25, 2004
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work. - Aristotle
You must first have a lot of patience to learn to have patience. - Stanislaw J. Lec
Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. - Thomas Dewey

12:10pm

What a bunch of crap huh, although I would change the Dewey one to “Men are like parachutes they only function when deployed”

Just got your call, I didn’t sleep well again, but I don’t feel tired, I came to work at about 7:00 to get an early start and there was a problem and I lost everything that I had been working on. Did you like the stamp? It was very expensive to get made. So I have been putting fires out this morning. It is eerily quiet here. There is not much visiting going on up front, and Daniel hasn’t been as much a purveyor of nastiness as usual. There is a Kerry rally downtown tomorrow and I may find my way to it. I am more hopeful as more information comes out about how incompetent Bush is. There is some news so I will include it below.

WASHINGTON -- United States Chief Justice William Rehnquist is in the hospital being treated for thyroid cancer.
In a statement, the Supreme Court said the 80-year-old jurist spent the weekend in Bethesda Naval Hospital and had a tracheotomy on Saturday.
The Supreme Court is not meeting this week and Rehnquist is expected back on the bench when the court returns to work next Monday.
He has had a series of health problems. In 2002, he missed several sessions after hurting his knee in a fall.
President Richard Nixon appointed Rehnquist to the court.

If Bush wins, he retires when the current term is over, this will push up the ante on women voters, I haven’t sent a cartoon in a while

I may send one soon


There is a new Ozzy web site and they have places for you to review every show Ozzy has ever done so I may review the show in 1978 that I saw with my sister serty. They will give prizes to every posting placed so I may end up writing all the time to the website. I ate some red chili for lunch and I don’t feel too good, it was probably a bad move but I was in the mood for a tamale. For breakfast I ate the rest of the shrimp fried rice from that Chinese place on Karl island. I was good and avoided the Chilidogs that are on sale but the rice didn’t go down too good and it may have been the fact that it was 4:00 in the morning and I couldn’t sleep, I had some orange soda to go with it and it was diet soda, NEAT ! I may actually have to make some kind of dinner but I don’t have the inclination to do it tonight
Page one
Page two

Lunch is about over and people are starting to file in to the abyss, I anticipate the darkness soon as it gets dark earlier as you are well aware of And I like the darkness except with all the lights from the clocks, TV, VCR it really isn’t that dark and maybe that is why I have a hard time sleeping

3:45pm
One of the temps who works here (there are lots of temps now which is a potential problem, one way to permanently reduce the workforce is to not rehire lower level employees) said hello barely above a whisper, and I leaned down and she told me that mushmouth sin fax urban has put out the word that she talks too loud, which is the same shit he pulled on me and I wonder how many others he has said that to. I wish he would just come out and say to not talk around his office.

Geez it is time to go
It may be cold outside it may not be cold but it is 4:55 and this will be another brief letter, I still think I should space them out.

But here it is time to go

peace

No comments: