Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Letter to a friend

George Bush must be defeated
this letter has been edited for recognition
October 5, 2004

As is only common in the area, whenever there is any kind of important public event, an event that is outdoors, you can always cont on the weather to be absolute horrendous. Last night there was a hailstorm that I cannot properly describe, except I waited for a tornado warning that never came. The noise was so loud, the hail hitting the Swamp cooler, that I had to turn he TV way up and also didn’t sleep a wink.

I think about you in the darkness, the hum of the air conditioner droning on and I wonder if you are awake or if you are sleeping soundly, knowing you are safe. I went shopping and bought tomatoes onions and a potato to make a healthy meal. While stopping to get a lotto ticket I saw some very cheap whisky and got the cheapest cola intending to have one drink to relax. I make the food and watched reruns of Curb you enthusiasm and OZ, listening to the hail storm waiting for the roof to cave in or a tornado warning to appear on TV I inadvertently drained the entire bottle, and I don’t feel well, I didn’t sleep well and it is a good thing there was a hailstorm otherwise I would be the only one dragging around. Apparently no one got any sleep last night so I am not the only one who looks like Keith Richards, I am the only one who feels like Keith Richards.

This morning the light was flashing on the Caller ID and I checked and there were 10 messages, I was scared something had happened and I had slept through the phone messages. The messages were all old and went back to last Wednesday and there were two messages from you from this weekend so while you did leave them they were no delivered until this morning.

Early voting starts today and I am going to walk downtown and vote to get it out of the way. The Vice president debates are tonight and Michael Moore will be in town Sunday night and the tickets are 5 bucks. Today ***** turns 40. ********** came into town and left a mess and left town. The kids are very upset and ********** is a wreck

Since I feel like hell I will close now and enclose some envelopes but I will not be sending anymore for a while, I will still try to write. I pray I won’t give into temptation and buy some more hooch. I am sinking into ***** ******’s world and I don’t like being at his level. I can almost understand your demon. Please try to not lecture or I will no longer share. Do not tell ******* or ********* but if you are in a group and feel the need to talk about it then by all means go ahead. I think you understand why we cannot be “Togeather” anymore

Sleep well
A younger version of myself is trying to contact me.

George Bush Must be defeated

No comments: